About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Ozzie The Rooster, Circa 1961

My Mom with Ozzie


Ozzie was my pet rooster


When I was about 10 years old my parents bought me one of those Easter chicks at Woolworth's.  The ones they dyed different colors.  He was blue if I remember correctly.


I raised him in the house until he was full grown. Then it was time for him to go in with the other chickens.  He didn't like that.


He fought with other roosters. Wasn't well liked in the fowl community.


And every night he came on our porch at sunset and waited for one us to walk him to the chicken coop.  He would then jump up on a roost and go to sleep.


The sad ending is that I think my Dad butchered him and so I didn't eat chicken for quite a long time.

No comments: