About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Fido and Butch our Border Collies

We always had 2 Border Collies as watchdogs for our property.

 My Dad had them trained really well to let us know if a stranger came near. Gave my Mom and I a sense of security when my Dad was away at night working in the steel mill.

Their names were Fido (left) and Butch.  I was about 10 years old when this photo was taken (around 1961).

There were also 2 other Border Collies on the property used strictly for herding cattle.  They were awesome to watch when they were working.  So smart.

Is there anyone out there who lived on a farm and used border collies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY_KujhVW6s
 

No comments: