About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Fanny Had an Oops

This will be a short post but just had to tell you about what happened to Fanny the other day.

*Note: For those of you who aren't aware, Fanny is lame with severe arthritis in her lower back and right leg. This causes her to walk with a pronounced limp and unsteady gait.

She had a 'bad day'.

First, she was going up her steps to get on the bed, but she got too close to the edge and tumbled off the third step. My husband saw it happen and he was freaking out. But she seemed fine, and after she tried not to look embarrassed, she went up the steps like nothing happened.

Then in the evening, my husband picked her up and placed her on the foot of the bed.

She slept there for a couple of hours, then woke up and took a big old stretch.

I bet you can't guess what happened next. Yep, she forgot she was close to the edge of the bed and when she stretched and rolled over, she fell off the bed. I heard the thump.

I ran to her to make sure she was okay. Again, she was just laying there like "Nothing to see here. Move along".

I really tried not to laugh. I wasn't sure if she hurt herself, but it just seemed funny to me.
I am such a mean mommy.

Pic from today when I caught her yawning.

 Anyway, My husband now knows not to place Fanny too close to the edge of the bed. He actually asked me if we should put something like a rail on the sides of the steps. I don't think we have to go that far. 

Since cats mask their pain, I did give her some pain medication....... just in case. I haven't given her any in about a week. But for someone who falls twice in one day, I think they deserve some "good stuff". lol 😁

Well, that is it. Just wanted to give a quick update and tell you about Fanny's falls.

Have a great week and see ya soon.
Hug your pets

Darlene
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sweet little girl, you are so kind and gentle with your aging fur baby. She is so lucky to have caring parents!