About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Older Cats Will Sleep More




Yes, senior cats will sleep more.  They may not have the energy you have been so accustomed to.  

That's when they need more help from you.

They probably won't feel like grooming themselves, so take time to brush their fur.  This will help avoid matting of their hair which can be painful.

Also pay attention to their nails. Since older cats usually are arthritic, they have trouble grooming their own nails.  Trim the nails regularly to avoid them becoming overgrow. 

Overgrown nails can dig into their paw pads and cause pain.

If you do not feel comfortable trimming your cat's nails you can have them trimmed at the Vet or groomer for a minimal fee.

You furry friend may demand more attention and crave closeness.  Spend some time petting, combing and gentle playtime.

I know it is so hard seeing our little companions getting old.

Spend quality time with them.  You both will feel better.
 

No comments: