About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

This is "Buddy"

 

After being married several years I felt like I would never convince my husband that I needed a cat.  Then it happened.

One morning I heard a kitten crying outside our window.  All I  could see out there was a paper bag.  I went outside and noticed the cries were coming from the bag.  

Inside was this tiny kitten covered in fleas.  I brought him in and spent the rest of the day cleaning the little guy up and trying to figure out how I was going to introduce him to my husband.  

When my husband came home from work he heard the kitten and my story began.  I told him what happened in the morning.  And I told him how much I had been wanting a cat.  It seemed to me that it was fate that brought this little guy to us.  
He needed a good home and I needed a cat. Perfect fit.

Of course we kept him. Took him to the Vet.  Got all his shots. And my husband fell in love with him.  I found out that my husband had never been around cats before and confessed he was kind of afraid of them.  He thought they were too sneaky.

Now the name.  I came up with the name "Skids" since he was sort of a skid row cat.  But as time went by my husband just called him "Buddy".

I can not understand how people can just get rid of kittens.  I wish they would do the responsible thing and take them to a reputable shelter.

I will tell you more about Buddy in my next post.  And please share your stories.

https://www.aspca.org/

https://www.youtube.com/user/aspca

*If you’re in the L.A. area, you can also visit fixnation.org for additional community cat resources and information.





 

No comments: