About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Automatic Feeder Update

Ok.  It's been a minute since I started using this feeder for Fanny.  Here's the latest scoop.

I am happy to report it seems to be working.  If you remember, I was trying to get Fanny to stop waking us up at 5:30am to feed her.

We had a few hiccups due to the time change and also we had to get up early for appointments on a couple of mornings. That confused her.

Anyway, I started by setting the timer for 5:30. Did that for a few mornings to get her used to it. Then increased to 5:40 for a few days. The time change actually helped. So after increasing in 10 minute intervals we currently have her eating at 6:40 (soon to be 6:50).

Even if she gets up early she waits for the feeder to open. 

Now I'm not saying she doesn't make a few "yips" in the morning but she is becoming less vocal and of course we have the luxury of not having to get up. 

After she eats she goes right back to sleep.  I call that a VICTORY!!!!

Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, has ever used an automatic feeder for a pet.  And what was the outcome?
 

No comments: