About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Peacock Feathers on Display

My niece, Shellie, found some photos of a peacock feathers display.  The feathers are actually from my dad's birds.

It is said that peacock feathers displayed in a house can indicate happiness and good luck.....as long as the feathers were not obtained by violence.  That means you wait until the bird molts or loses those feathers.

The iridescent color of the male's tail or "train" is due more to angle of light rather than pigment.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, my mother and her friends made beautiful shadow box creations and many other artful displays.

An interesting fact: Almost all white peacocks are not true albinos.  They can produce pigment but not deposit the pigment to their feathers.


Ad on Amazon
 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HGNC6MR/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HW1CHSMCF66SH574HT9G
  • Naturally Molted and 100% cruelty free!
  • Beautiful Natural Shiny Iridescent Feathers, perfect for floral arrangements and costumes!
  • Washed, Steamed, and Sterilized
  • SOURCED AND SUPPLIED BY AN AMERICAN COMPANY

No comments: