About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Important Thoughts for 2022


No, Fanny did not really have a hangover 😏

She just wanted to sleep in late this morning.

But I wanted to make this post about entering the new year of 2022.

Everyone has had an obstacle of one sort or another over the past two years.....Covid, loss of loved ones, loss of jobs or businesses...the list goes on and on.

I want to especially thank the awesome Healthcare Workers and First Responders (Nurses, Doctors, Aids, EMTs, Police, Firefighters, Paramedics and Pharmacists, etc).

They have worked through all that has been thrown at them to help us stay safe and healthy during this pandemic.

They are true heroes. 

Take time to thank them when you see them. 

I'm a newly retired nurse and I can tell you.....a simple thank you means so much.

Imagine what they see. They see death and sorrow every day.  

They go home and may not have anyone to share their feelings with.  Or they don't want to burden their loved ones with sad situations that they experienced that day. 

Healthcare workers tend to internalize their feelings or block them so they can continue on.

But looking forward to 2022, we still are dealing with the pandemic and these selfless people are still working hard (through short staffing and their own personal issues) to keep their communities safe and healthy).

First Responders put their lives on the line every time they go to work.

So I think we all need to do some self reflection. Pray for our caretakers. Pray for a family member in any of these professions. Offer support....

And spread your thanks and gratitude to them.

Fanny and I wish YOU a Happy and safe 2022.  


You can follow me and Fanny at 


No comments: