About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Meet Mutchka!

1990

We heard the weak cries of a kitten outside. When we found him he was soooo skinny that you could see his bones. He was only a few weeks old.   Covered with flees.  We brought him in and fed him, quickly took him to the vet and they gave him a flee bath and gave him a physical.

We brought him back home and introduced him to Buddy.  There were a few hisses but nothing serious.  Then something weird happened.  We didn't see Mutchka for almost 2 weeks.  We looked everywhere.  The food we left out was eaten by morning.  But we noticed a bump in the back of our sofa getting bigger. Yes, he had been living in our sofa!

Eventually he was too big for his hiding place and he started to explore.  He was very skiddish, frightened easily. Our vet said usually white cats with blue eyes are deaf but Mutchka's hearing was normal.  The Vet said it was due to 1 dark hair on the very top of his head.  Buddy started to teach Mutchka about boxes. It was so cute.

Mutchka was mentally slow.  It was because he was taken from his mom too soon and he didn't get the benefit of mother's milk.  And he didn't learn socialization at an early age.  Anyway, Buddy and Mutchka became best friends.  Our hearts melted when we saw them together. 

"Catnip"

I can't believe how cruel people can be. They can allow a poor little kitten to be left outside alone and not take the time to take him to a shelter or ask friends if they can adopt him.
Thank you if you have adopted a stray.
Share your stories with us!
Support ASPCA

  https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B08GKBNM6P&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_ZP2P5YFDHZ7RAQ5NVVD4

https://www.aspca.org/news/what-do-if-you-find-kittens-outside





 

No comments: