About Me

My photo
I am a retired RN with 50 years of experience. My experience spans ICU, ER, Telemetry, Administrative Supervision and Clinical Documentation Integrity. I grew up on a farm in Western Pennsylvania. I didn't have other children close by to play with, so animals became my friends. Although I love and enjoy all animals, cats have always been my favorite. I have lived in Southern California since 1980. My husband and I are coexisting with Fanny. She is the DIVA that inspired my book and this blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my feline friends. I also share some childhood memories which may spark some memories of your own.

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Watch Out For Fanny!

Fanny most likely has a lot of Russian Blue in her lineage, so she shows traits such as enjoying jumping on your back or shoulder.

With such a cat you have to be alert when brushing your teeth because you never know when you'll have a cat on you.  

It helps to have someone home with you at these times since it is very difficult to get the cat off of your back. They won't go willingly. Trying to do it yourself will most likely leave you with bad scratch marks. The cat will extend their nails to maintain traction.  OUCH!

When on your shoulder they will rub up against your face and show you so much love.  That part is endearing.

Even when you sleep they will still try to be on you.


One thing for sure is that they will choose a favorite family member and there will be so much affection. They will be almost inseparable.  

In our case, my hubby has been the chosen one. As you can see from the photos, they have a very strong bond.

Fanny follows him everywhere, watches everything he does and must be as close to him as possible when he is watching TV.

They take naps together.  

I have noticed that she cries at the door if he is out of her sight for any length of time.  I have been told that she doesn't do that when I'm out of sight.  Hmmmm.

Well, be sure to follow this blog and please share any stories about unique traits your cat may have.

Until next time.....

 

No comments: